Kia ora koutou,
We would like to acknowledge our community and the ongoing challenges that many face in lockdown; our hospitality businesses, events that have had to be postponed or cancelled and the many other things whanau are managing. We would also like to say a big thank you to all our community essential workers – you are awesome!
It was good to return to some semblance of normalcy with the summer time weather over the weekend which brought many to our shores, boaties, beach goers and shoppers, a little overwhelming no doubt but reassuring at the same time – Whaingaroa is a desirable place to be.
Update Raglan Community Board meeting:
- Discretionary Fund – Council is currently developing a simple two page funding application, the discretionary fund will be overseen and administered by the RCB, exciting times ahead for community funding, one which Bob MacLeod would have fully supported.
- Whaingaroa Environment Centre – Maui Dolphin Day 2022 successful funding application of $5,000.
- The independent Review of Raglan Airfield report from Mike Haines, RCB supported all recommendations within the report, excluding the building of a fence.
- Raglan Camp Board Membership Nomination – Chris Rayner was appointed to represent the RCB.
- Soundsplash Update for January 2022, it is being proposed that next year’s event be an opportunity to undertake an impact evaluation of large events in our community and for the district. It is also proposed that all of Wainui Reserve be set aside for Soundsplash, during the event.
Other Board updates:
- Raglan Wharf Project – Health & Safety risk assessment, wharf sub structure, pontoon, walkways and Whaingaroa infrastructure study.
- Papahua shared walkway – is well underway after collaboration with WDC staff, Raglan Junior Soccer, RCB, hapu and Raglan Sports Fishing Club.
- To assist with boat parking challenges at the Papahua boat ramp and car parking, a new access gate onto the soccer fields will be installed by the toilets/dump station.
- Places for People – the parklets are being well utilised during lockdown, providing outside seating for people to spend time to meet while social distancing. Due to lockdown uncertainties, the team will be surveying the community on the parklets in the new year.
For more detailed information please go to our Raglan Community Board Website raglancommunityboard.co.nz, or make contact with any board member:
Chairperson: Gabrielle Parson firstname.lastname@example.org
Tony Oosten: email@example.com
Chris Rayner: firstname.lastname@example.org
Satnam Bains: email@example.com
Dennis Amoore: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Thomson: email@example.com
Next RCB meeting: Wednesday 8th December at 1.30pm.