Raglan Community Board Meetings
Raglan Community Board
Chairperson’s Report - Gabrielle Parson
11th June 2021
Over the last few weeks I have been working on:
- RCB Submission to the WDC Long Term Plan.
- Raglan Airfield. Attended Town Hall meeting. Working closely with RCB and WDC staff on way forward. Updates to community through Raglan Chronicle, RCB website and FB page.
- Attending Places for People meetings and supporting with Comms/Engagement.
- WDC LTP Hearing to speak to RCB’s submission
- Zoom call with WDC Executive Leadership Team – regular Zoom meeting with other community board and committee Chairs.
- Met with Tania Ashman, WEC – regarding the Food Project which is considering food resiliency in Whaingaroa.
- Attended the Raglan iHub Opening
- Interview with Aaron, Raglan Radio
- Wastewater Consent Renewal Zoom meeting
- Community Board oversight of the Coastal Reserves. In process of planning a meeting with WDC staff.
- 90 Day Planning session with the Board
90 Day Planning session with the Board where we:
- Reflected on what we had been working on
- What we achieved/did well
- What we can improve on
- Went through our Engagement Plan and decided on our focus for community updates and engagement:
- Promote website more and keep it updated, include work we have/are doing and celebrate achievements
- Promote people coming to formal meeting
- Logo on all work funded by Discretionary Fund
- Promote discretionary fund
- Share our work and achievements
- Look out for events we can attend
- Informal meetings
Went through our 90 Day Plan, discussed each and updated next steps. These are the items in our 90 Day Plan:
Current Raglan Projects and Issues
Current Reviews & Planning
Current Footpaths, Roading, Connectivity
Comms and Engagement
Internal Systems & Training of RCB members
We decided our focus for next 3 months is:
To discuss together at our meeting:
- Harbour Board leases financial statement
- CBD verandah lighting
- RCB July workshop
- RCB trial evening meeting
A few things to highlight to the Board and community:
RCB Discretionary Fund – next round closes on 1st July
The discretionary fund is to assist community groups, non-commercial groups and voluntary organisations operating within the Raglan area. Visit our RCB website for detail: https://raglancommunityboard.co.nz/apply-for-funding/
WDC Representation Review
Around end of June – due to open for public submissions. We as the Board need to be informed and keep the community updated on this.